KPVI in Pocatello Idaho is looking for an aggressive morning anchor/producer/reporter to join our news team.
The right candidate will have command of the anchor desk, and bring an energy that connects with viewers.
The candidate will have an intellectual curiosity about the news of the day and be involved in the decision-making and choices that produce a newscast. We need someone who will help build the team, in concert with newsroom and station management.
The right candidate will possess excellent communication skills, the ability to join words and video together to tell compelling stories, an understanding of live reporting and an appreciation of the importance of online news and social media to complete the presentation of news content. Possess a degree in journalism or communications. At least one year experience anchoring and producing in preferred.
Other requirements may include:
Report for station newscasts.
Thorough understanding of social media and demonstrated ability to move audience between all platforms.
Desire to connect with local communities by meeting with local groups and representing KPVI at important events.
· Work independently to research and uncover stories as a reporter, deciding when and where to report to work based on a shoot location or other scheduling requirements.
· Analyze and interpret information to improve the audience’s understanding.
· Report on multiple stories in a given day, often in multiple newscasts, frequently working solo.
· Cultivate and maintain news sources throughout the community.
· Contact, interview and confirm news sources for television reports.
· Use of enterprise skills to identify news stories for delivery on television and the ability to consistently translate those news stories to social media.
· Contribute ideas for enterprise stories and new angles on continuing stories.
· Proven success in delivering breaking news stories to viewers and engaging audiences through the use of all facets of social media.
· Adept at the use of social media to gather and break stories.
· Experienced ability to drive the KPVI brand on-air, on-line, and on social media.
· Produce and report stories for television.
· Host other KPVI programs and special activities (on and off-air) in a positive and professional manner.
· Participate in KPVI promotional, public relations and public affairs campaigns as approved by the KPVI News Director.
· Write scripts and produce stories of program-length formats, as requested by the KPVI News Director or designee.
· Direct field operations as requested.
· Be totally conversant with the newsroom computer systems (old and new) and continually contribute information to its data base.
· Learn new systems as they are implemented.
· Provide coaching to other news personnel as requested by the KPVI News Director.
· Communicate final copy editing concerns to the show executive in charge to be sure copy has the maximum clarity, continuity, correctness.
· Contribute to idea sessions in the development or improvement of news products.
· Maintain a professional, working relationship with all KPVI News team members.
· Be actively involved in selected community organizations that might directly impact the opportunities and problems within the eastern Idaho region.
· Alert the KPVI News Director to any news coverage that may cause problems for KPVI legally, corporately, or in the community.
· Attend all department meetings as requested by the KPVI News Director.
· Complete specific projects as requested by the KPVI News Director.
· Connect with local communities by meeting with local groups and representing KPVI at important events in and around eastern Idaho.
· Be consistently up-to-date on current news stories, on a local, national, and international level.
We don’t need just a prompter reader but someone who wants to play an active role by contributing ideas and thoughts to help make our newscasts important and relevant to our viewers. We also need someone who enjoys community involvement and meeting viewers. Anchor will write stories for the newscast, be able to use non-linear editing programs, be able to operate as an MMJ, and be able to produce a newscast.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter stating why you are interested in joining our team, and links to previous work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Idaho Broadcast Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.kpvi.com/about_us/employment/ →