Category: Media – Journalism – Newspaper
Primary Industry: Broadcasting – Radio – TV
Manage Others: No
KUSA / KTVD-TV, 9NEWS Denver has been home to employees for decades, who have dedicated their careers to serving the Coloradoan community and who demonstrate an urgent, passionate and unmatched commitment to lead and revolutionize information delivery across all platforms.
We are looking for a Producer to join our team. We don’t want a show “stacker”. We write and produce compelling stories that matter to our viewers. We’re not interested in story count. We want stories that count. Our viewers demand that. And we deliver.
- Ensures creative storytelling that delivers both factual clarity and emotional connections with viewers
- Produces captivating newscasts and guides anchors and reporters to engage the audience emotionally, intellectually, and with a high level of energy
- Suggests and produces content that advocates for our community in the form of reporting, commentary, and developing solutions
- Utilizes social media to advance our reporting and to engage an audience that watches while interacting
- Understands the newscast’s customer and develops a product that meets their expectations
- Responds quickly to changing circumstances and breaking news with a willingness to change as needed
- Seeks opportunities to promote more interactivity with viewers and users
- Performs other duties as assigned
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Experience: 3 Year(s)
- 3-5 years experience, preferably in a mid-major, or major market.
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, arts, film, or related field of study preferred (or experience equivalent).
- Strong understanding and demonstrated proficiency in TV newscast production.
- A deep understanding of how to connect content to audiences.
- The ability to motivate and lead through the creative process of brainstorming, developing and sustaining quality programming; and an appreciation of all genres of television — news, dramas, comedies, reality and entertainment — with a creative eye for positioning content for success on air and through digital transmission when appropriate.
- Leadership experience in production, gathering/executing editorial content and social media engagement.
- Solid news judgment, great people skills, strong broadcast and online writing skills, and the ability to work with little supervision are necessities.
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Creative and critical thinking abilities are essential.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
You must sign in to apply for this position.