Position/Title: News Investigative Reporter
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KATV, the legacy #1 ABC affiliate in Arkansas, is looking for an investigative reporter who can turn short and long-term impactful investigations that make a difference and produce results. The investigative reporter will be responsible for uncovering, pitching, researching and producing compelling investigative stories that create change. KATV’s Seven On Your Side team produces content the alerts, protects, and empowers our consumers on all platforms. We will hold city, county, and state officials accountable for their actions. The successful candidate will ask the tough questions that our consumers want to ask.
- Manage a team of Seven on Your Side investigators
- Excellent writing, storytelling and live reporting skills with the ability to juggle multiple long-term and short-term projects
- The ability to produce network-quality segments under tight deadlines
- Working knowledge of how to obtain public records and analyze data
- Must possess strong, detail-orientated research and writing skills
- Must have a creative approach to digital platforms
- Strong, working knowledge of how to use social media to strengthen the brand, interact with viewers and promote stories
- Collaborative team player
- Strong understanding and demonstration of editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including a current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
- Knowledge of editing and shooting workflow and techniques
- Position is Monday-Friday days, but must be willing to work a flexible schedule which could include overtime, nights, holidays and weekends
This reporter will work closely with the Sinclair News legal/standards team in producing and vetting stories.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as television reporter
- Minimum 2 years of experience as an investigative reporter
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field, or equivalent work experience
While applying online, please include a web link of your recent work. If you do not have a web link, please apply online and then send a non returnable DVD to:
Attn: News Director
P.O. Box 77
Little Rock, AR 72203
Sinclair Broadcast Group is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Please apply online by going to: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/
Apply Online URL: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://sbgi.net/sbgi-careers/ →