Category: Media – Journalism – Newspaper
Position/Title: Digital Content Producer
Primary Industry: Broadcasting – Radio – TV
Manage Others: No
WTSP-TV, TEGNA’s CBS affiliate in the Tampa, Florida market (#13), is searching for a Digital Content Producer who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has a vision for what local news can and should be on digital, social and streaming platforms. This person will have an audience-first approach to produce and distribute WTSP editorial content, emphasis on video, across all WTSP digital, mobile, app, streaming and social media platforms.
WTSP Digital Content Producers are leaders in the newsroom who are responsible for quality content and audience experience on all WTSP digital, social and streaming platforms including content production, presentation and distribution. They help create multiple platform storytelling through all WTSP platforms including broadcast, digital and social by working with all content creators and producers. They enterprise content through social listening, being plugged into the community, pitching stories and producing original content for our audience whenever and wherever they are, on whatever device they are using at the time.
- Produce audience first, engaging storytelling through digital articles, videos, photo galleries, social media, push alerts, live streams and interactive elements.
- Focus on accuracy and balance in articles and social content through copy editing and training of staff.
- Social listening: monitor social chatter and track trending stories via ChartBeat, CrowdTangle,
- Google Trends and our social platforms. Report findings to newsroom.
- Urgently and aggressively report news as it happens online (strong breaking news skills) and
- Generate web traffic through Search Engine Optimization best practices, website management, app management, push notifications and application of advanced social media skills.
- Work with all newsroom departments on content coverage, broadcast-digital coordination and social listening.
- Use digital and social analytics to inform editorial decisions.
- Assist reporters and anchors in the creation of native social content.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Experience: 2 Year(s)
- At least two years’ experience working as a digital producer preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage requests from various sources with an ability to work well with varied personalities within deadlines
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.jobs.net/j/JxeNMHxX?jobdetails=true →