WJRT-TV/abc12, the Gray Television owned, ABC-affiliate in Flint, Michigan is seeking an individual for Receptionist. This role is responsible for various tasks of reception duties. Performing daily tasks as sorting mail, answering calls, filing, managing office supplies, monitoring shipping/receiving area. Must be organized, strong attention to detail, self-motivated, multi-tasked, and be a team oriented person. This is a full time position.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to):
· Answering and routing calls
· Welcoming guests
· Update community calendar
· Correspond to viewer mail
· High positive energy and pleasant demeanor
· Maintain professional appearance
· Backup department in Accounts Payable / Account Receivable
· Process Job postings
· Assist Programming with FCC reports & communicating with corporate office
· Provide assistance in meeting arrangements
· Ability to assist Business Office with coverage for vacations
· Effectively communicate with all employees, as well as outside clients and vendors
· Respond to emails, phone calls, and other correspondence
· Process various reports
· Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
· 2-4 years of Receptionist or related Administrative experience
· Strong service skills and telephone etiquette
· High school diploma required & 2- year college degree preferred
· High level of organization and prioritizing skills
· Strong interpersonal skills within all levels of the organization
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, team-oriented environment
· Capable of remaining highly confidential in all aspects of the position
· Initiative and ability to self-start/motivate, learn and react quickly
· Ability to sit at a desk for about 8 hours a day
· May have to lift 5 – 25lbs
· Assist with Issues and Program report (quarterly)
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Knowledge and understanding of web-based log-on, and document upload systems
Please apply online at www.gray.tv/applynow
*******NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE*****
This is a full time position. The position includes a highly competitive compensation and benefit package which includes Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, and life insurance. The company also offers a 401k plan with company match to plan for the long term. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license in good standing. Must have a reliable source of transportation and be flexible on hours.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and key responsibilities and essential duties of work performance by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees to do this job. The job description is not an employment contract. Our company reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
Additional Info: Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray Television’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.gray.tv/applynow →