ABC15 in Phoenix is seeking a Broadcast Engineer. The Broadcast Engineer III works under the direction of the Director of Engineering to provide preventative maintenance and emergency repairs of video, audio and radio frequency (RF) systems, including satellite and microwave equipment.
· Responsible for preventative maintenance and emergency repairs of video, audio and radio frequency (RF) systems, including satellite and microwave equipment.
· Drive, set up, and operation of a Satellite IP truck.
· Maintain logs and records as required by law.
· Maintain logs and reports as per FCC Rules and Regulations.
· Install and maintain video, audio, RF and computer equipment. These systems include digital transmitter system, microwave systems and of all broadcast equipment including, but are not limited to studio camera and switching systems, video monitors and technical measurement devices, video file servers and automation systems, electronic graphic systems.
· Maintain and operate all studio electronic equipment.
· Install new equipment.
· Maintain and repair news bureau equipment, ENG equipment, IP truck, satellite dishes and related equipment.
· Assist in the design of any improvements to our operation.
Education & Experience/Certifications.
· Must have 5 years of broadcast TV maintenance preferred.
· Extensive knowledge of computer networking and broadcast automation systems.
· 3-5 years of studio and transmitter maintenance experience preferred.
· Must have a valid Driver’s License.
Skills & Abilities
· Must be able to use a variety of equipment including but not limited to the following systems: Sony ELC system, SSL Tempest audio console, Ikegami cameras, Sony cameras and JVC cameras as well as studio robotics. Final Cut Pro, Crispin automation and Omneon servers.
· Experience with ENG trucks, ENG news operations including satellite feeds. Welding, CNC work, 3D printing and general studio fabrication preferred. Metasys and chiller plant operations a “plus.“
· Must be a senior technician or paraprofessional highly experienced with a similar level of responsibility.
· Ability to resolve complex problems not covered by existing procedures or practices independently.
· Must have knowledge of FCC rules. The use of test equipment and soldering skills required.
· Ability to guide and coach colleagues.
· Ability to effectively communicate with departmental and station personnel as required.
· Ability to work independently under timeline to achieve departmental and station goals.
· Must be able to comprehend schematics, mechanical drawings and technical manuals.
· Ability to prioritize.
· Must be able to work with microwave, transmitters and satellites.
· Ability to effectively work and communicate with others.
· Must be able to work a flexible schedule including able to work multiple days, holidays, evenings, weekends, and possible overtime hours as needed. Availability to travel over multiple days is essential.
· Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
· Must be able to work in changing weather conditions.
· Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
· Valid driver’s license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
The E.W. Scripps Company (NASDAQ: SSP) serves audiences and businesses through a growing portfolio of local and national media brands. With 52 television stations in 36 markets, Scripps is one of the nation’s largest independent TV station owners. Scripps runs a collection of national journalism and content businesses, including Newsy, the next-generation national news network; podcast industry leader Stitcher; the fast-growing national broadcast networks Bounce, Grit, Escape, Laff and Court TV; and Triton, the global leader in digital audio technology and measurement services. Scripps runs an award-winning investigative reporting newsroom in Washington, D.C., and is the longtime steward of the Scripps National Spelling Bee. Founded in 1878, Scripps has held for decades to the motto, “Give light and the people will find their own way.”
As an equal employment opportunity employer, The E.W. Scripps Company and its affiliates do not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis on race, sex, sexual orientation, gender, color, religion, age, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, citizenship or national origin, and military membership or veteran status, or on any other basis which would be in violation of any applicable federal, state or local law. Furthermore, the company will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship for the company.
If interested in this opportunity, please apply online at http://scripps.com/careers.